Health Insurance and Residence Permit
Taking Foreign Students into General Health Insurance
All foreign nationals who are studying in our country are required to have a general health insurance with a written demand to the Provincial Directorate of Social Security / Social Security Centre within three months of the first registration of the
schools they are studying in. The students who enrolled for the first time after the date of 29/05/2013 need to apply the Social Security Provincial Directorate/ Social Security Centre with the student's document showing the date of first registration
of the schools they are studying in. And those who are starting to study in our country and who want to have a general health insurance should apply (until 29/11/2013) the Social Security Provincial Directorate/ Social Security Centre within six months
with the student's document showing the date of first registration. General health insurances are started as of the day following the day on which they are in writing and it is done annually. No more general health insurances will be provided for
those who do not demand it within the given time.
Those who benefit from health aid in places our country has signed Social Security Contract with;
Insurances made in countries we have social security contract with are valid in Turkey with an approval taken from Social Security Centre which can be used for residence permit.
Foreign students who want to benefit from health aid in our country are supposed to submit a copy of health benefit certificate (formüler) given by the insurance institution from the countries with a signed agreement to the Social Security Provincial
Directorate/ Social Security Centre where they live in Turkey and another copy to our university.
Countries with Signed Contracts
- Germany:T/A 11, T/A 9, T/A 20
- The Netherlands: N/TUR 106, N/TUR 111, N/TUR 121
- Belgium: B.T.8, BT 16
- Austria :A/TR 3, A/TR 4
- France: SE 208-01 FT, SE 208-02 FT SE 208-30 FT, SE 208-06 A FT, SE 208-28 FT, SE 208-09 FT
- K.K.T.C. (Northern Cyprus Turkish Republic) : K.K.T.C/T.C. 3, K.K.T.C/T.C. 6
- Romania :R/TR 3, R/TR5, R/TR 6
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: BH/TR 4, BH/TR 6, BH/TR 7
- Czech Republic: CZ/TR 111
- Makedonia : MC/TR 4, TR/MC 6
- Luxembourg : TR/L 3, TR/L 5
- Albania : AL/TR 4, TR/AL 5
The things that should be done to obtain General Health Insurance:
- After receiving your Residence Permit, obtain your Foreign Identity Number.
- If you do not know your foreign identification number, please visit https://tckimlik.nvi.gov.tr/ for inquiry. Find out your foreign identification number. If you cannot obtain your foreign identification number as a result of this inquiry, go to the
Police / Foreigners Department with your residence permit. Request foreign identification number.
- Take the printout showing your Foreign Identity Number, Name and Surname from the above website.
- Submit one of these printouts to the Foreign Student Unit. (If you've already done this, you don't need to do it again.)
- You can pay your premium debts by going to any Ziraat Bank Branch with your foreign national number.
Visa and Residence Permit
Student visa is mandatory for registration. You should apply the nearest Turkish Embassy for your visa before coming to Turkey with the documents below:
- Letter of Acceptance
- Visa Application Form
- Visa Fee
Note: The documents required for visa may change. Please check the Consulate’s website.
Foreign undergraduate and graduate students who have been accepted by the university get their student visa from the nearest Turkish Embassy in their country. Students should apply for a student residence permit within a month after they have entered
our country. Required documents for residence permit procedures conducted by The Immigration Administration General Directorate should be prepared. You can get an appointment from the link https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/ for residence permit.
As long as you have a valid residence permit, you do not need a visa to enter Turkey. The students whose residence period expires are obliged to extend their residence within maximum 15 days. Otherwise, a legal action will be taken. The list of the students
who are unregistered, who voluntarily take leave (who freeze the registration) and graduated ones are forwarded to the General Directorate of Migration Management of the Ministry of Interior every semester and their residence permit is cancelled.
The website of the General Directorate of Migration Management of the Ministry of Interior of Turkey regarding foreign students;
Note: Please do not leave Turkey without getting your residence permit or renewing it.