Taking Foreign Students into General Health Insurance
All foreign nationals who are studying in our country are required to have a general health insurance with a written demand to the Provincial Directorate of Social Security / Social Security Centre within three months of the first registration of the
schools they are studying in. The students who enrolled for the first time after the date of 29/05/2013 need to apply the Social Security Provincial Directorate/ Social Security Centre with the student's document showing the date of first registration
of the schools they are studying in. And those who are starting to study in our country and who want to have a general health insurance should apply (until 29/11/2013) the Social Security Provincial Directorate/ Social Security Centre within six months
with the student's document showing the date of first registration. General health insurances are started as of the day on which they are arriving, and it is done annually. No more general health insurances will be provided for those who do not demand
it within the given time.
Insurances made in countries Turkey has social security contract with are valid on condition that an approval is taken from Social Security Centre, so the document can be used for residence permit. Foreign students who wish to benefit from their health
insurances in Turkey should submit two signed copies of their Health Benefit Certificate that is given by the insurance institution from their countries. One should be submitted to our university and the other one to Social Security Provincial Directorate
/ Social Security Center in Turkey.
Countries with Signed Contracts
- Germany: T/A 11, T/A 9, T/A 20
- The Netherlands: N/TUR 106, N/TUR 111, N/TUR 121
- Belgium: B.T.8, BT 16
- Austria: A/TR 3, A/TR 4
- France: SE 208-01 FT, SE 208-02 FT SE 208-30 FT, SE 208-06 A FT, SE 208-28 FT, SE 208-09 FT
- K.K.T.C. (Northern Cyprus Turkish Republic): K.K.T.C/T.C. 3, K.K.T.C/T.C. 6
- Romania: R/TR 3, R/TR5, R/TR 6
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: BH/TR 4, BH/TR 6, BH/TR 7
- Czech Republic: CZ/TR 111
- Makedonia: MC/TR 4, TR/MC 6
- Luxembourg: TR/L 3, TR/L 5
- Albania: AL/TR 4, TR/AL 5
The things that should be done to obtain General Health Insurance:
- After receiving your Residence Permit, obtain your Foreign Identity Number.
- If you do not know your foreign identification number, please click here for inquiry. Find out your foreign identification number. If you cannot obtain your foreign identification
number as a result of this inquiry, go to the Police or Foreigners Department with your residence permit. Request foreign identification number.
- Take the printout showing your Foreign Identity Number, Name and Surname from the above website.
- Submit one of these printouts to the Foreign Student Unit. (If you have already done this, you don't need to do it again.)
- You can pay your premium debts by going to any Ziraat Bank branch with your foreign national number.